Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DAY 2 CHALLENGE



I sat in the room with Kate, Anna, Noah and Drew, I couldn’t help but laugh.  They all looked at me with sober faces as I continued with my hysterical laughter. When I realized that they were quite serious about this situation I quickly sobered.
“Hey I’m sorry but it wasn’t my fault you guys got us put up in this room,” I stated my hands raised in the standard I’m innocent way.
Drew and Noah passed a quick glance before looking back towards me “Can you blame us, we haven’t seen you since we all graduated,” Noah stated.
I sat back into my seat, and crossed my arms over my chest with a frown. Well wasn’t this eventful we’ve been arrested by the campus police for public disturbances I thought. This is going to tarnish my perfect record; I’ve never gotten into trouble. Now, they’re  trying to blame me for not graduating high school when they did even if I’m at least a year younger then all of them.  They don’t even realize how alone I was without them. Everyone from my class hated me after I stood up against the students and teachers that were bullies. I didn’t have any friends after that day.  I guess I mess up were ever I go now, no matter what I do I always manage to screw up somehow.
“What do you want me to say? Sorry is that it? Because I can’t,” I snapped, as I thought back.
They all paused to look at me for a moment; they gave me a sad look before they looked around the room. The room was quite depressing with the blue gray walls and hard metal chairs. There wasn’t much else in the room a few magazines, a painting, and a coffee table. I stood up and walked over to the other side of the room grabbing a magazine and roughly flipping it open. I sat away from my friends who I hadn’t seen in a few years, maybe they don’t remember how I looked up to them; or how I admired them and asked them for help when I needed it. It wasn’t until Kate came over that a sound disrupted the awkward silence.
“Hey, I’m sorry. We’re not blaming you but were all angry that it happened. Anyway why didn’t you keep in touch after we left?” she asked.
She was always the one to fix the problems, “It wasn’t that I didn’t want to talk to you guys. It’s that I couldn’t. None of you answer you emails and I only have your number and every time I called you never answered.” I replied.
She was silent “So I assumed that you guys didn’t want to talk to me, so I stopped trying to get ahold of anyone really,” I continued trying to keep my emotions in check.
“Oh well that might be because I changed my phone right after I graduated. As for the emails I never got any.  But were all together now, and that’s what matters. If you’ve been going to school here why haven’t we seen you around?”  Kate asked.
“That would be because I went to Thailand to do a yearlong service project. So this is my first week here.” I explained.
The next thing I knew was Kate had me in a tight hug and the others joined soon after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment