Monday, November 25, 2013

Prompt

Ice it was ice that surrounded me. Hard, cold, and razor sharp, beautiful ice. I extended a pale hand reaching out towards the fragmented ice. My finger tips brushed the knife like surface causing pain to blossom upon my soft skin.

 I watched curiously as vibrant red blood washed over the surface of the glass like material. The bloods movement slowed by the temperature causing it to freeze as well. I looked at my finger as blood dripped onto the floor, warm, my blood is warm. 

I shifted my body, if my blood was warm why am I trapped? As I thought about warmth my body began to heat up. The ice trapping my body slowly began to drip away releasing me from its tight grasp. My skin tingled with a warm burning sensation as feeling returned to my limbs. 

These sensations seemed new but strangely familiar. What in the world was happening? Why couldn't I remember anything about my experiences from before I woke up in a field of ice?

I stepped away from my icy coffin, placing a steady foot on the mirror like surface. I carefully walked through the intricate tunnels careful as to not cut my self on the ice again. It struck me as odd that I could not find a single path that would take me out of the caverns. 

What? Who? How? When? Where? These questions all tormented my mind as I searched and searched for a way to escape this beautiful hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment